Friday, May 18, 2012

Progress

I don't have much time to write today.  But I wanted to take the time to share good news (instead of my usual Debbie Downer writing).  I went to see the nutritionist at the bariatric program last week.  I was expecting a lecture about failing to lose any weight.  Instead, I got props for losing over 4 pounds in one month.  Not an earth-shattering amount of weight, but progress.  Progress that I hadn't thought I was making.  253 never sounded so good.  I have to lose 7 more pounds to lose my 5% weight-loss goal required for surgery authorization.  I'm not planning on having surgery until December, but I decided that 4 pounds will be my goal for this next month.  If I can just keep lowering my weight a little bit at a time, I will be in much better shape for surgery in December...and should be a more active, healthy person going into the surgery...meaning I will be more successful afterwards.

I have lots more to talk about, but no time right now.  Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I've been reading. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete